Interesting Compare And Contrast Essay Topics To Use
A compare and contrast essay is one where to take to similar things and compare the similarities and differences of the two objects. The good thing about doing a compare and contrast essay is that you have only two things to compare. The best way to do it, is when you are doing your research make a chart or divide a piece of paper into two and make a similarity and differences for each object. This will allow you to list all of the facts that you can use in your essay and separate them. You should also give some background on the two objects that you are comparing as well. You don’t want to write an essay that just gives all of the similarities and differences.
Compare And Contrast Essay Topics
- Apple and Microsoft. This topic is a good one because you can compare all of their products including computers, software, phones, tablets, and so on. This topic is one were you won’t run out of things to talk about.
- Pepsi and Coke. Why do they both taste so different but they are suppose to be similar products? This is a great one that you can look at through their history.
- Childhood and Adulthood. The two different parts of everyone lives is an interesting subject to cover. You can talk about what responsibilities each group has and even how childhood can affect your adulthood.
- Compare two religions. Even though there is only one bible, different religions have their own interpretations of the book. Look at what different religions say and compare two that are the most interesting.
- Republicans and Democrats. We have both heard of these two parties but even some adults don’t know the similarities or differences between them. Laying out all of the information on the parties can give your classmates all of the information they will need as an adult to choose a party. You could also throw in a little bit about independents as well.
- Squids and Octopuses. They look similar but are different in many ways. This could be an interesting topic to cover and you can tell the reader the differences between the two.
- Oven and Microwave. They both cook or warm up our food but what are the major differences between the two. Why can’t you cook raw meat in the microwave but you can do it in the oven? What makes them so different that you can’t do all the same things in both?